We do what we love.
We make clients happy.
A few of our clients:
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago*
Hornell Partners, Inc.
McDermott Will & Emery*
Per Sé Group
Rebecca Wear Robinson | Jabari of the Water
Regional Transportation Authority*
Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Society of Actuaries*
Studio Three 17
TKFay Consulting LLC
Unilever & Unilever Food Solutions
Vachio Solutions Group
* Spencer Grace serves these clients in partnership
with StoryStudio | Words for Work.
- [Beth is] the whole package—fantastic writer, strategic, forward-thinking, and fun! I’d work with her again in a heartbeat.
- Beth has a unique ability to make the complex seem very simple.
- Working with Beth was a true joy. Her spirit and work ethic are second to none.
- Beth is an energetic and effective communicator! She’s great to work with and brings many innovative ideas to make financial presentations interesting. It was a pleasure to work with Beth.
- It was a great pleasure to work with Beth. She is a very talented professional who not only delivers great support on communications but also offers sound insight and advice on broader organizational and business issues.
- [Beth Nyland] has a keen sense for navigating executive alignment and creating solutions that resonate with the target audience.
Meet the corporate poet.
Beth Nyland achieves business results through creative approaches to communication. She counsels clients to raise the quality of their messages, applying innovative problem-solving skills to make change for individuals and organizations of all sizes. As “corporate poet,” she refuses bland and boring. Instead, she guides individuals and organizations to string words into stories that motivate people to think, believe, and take action. That’s how business gets done.
As a creative communicator, leader, advisor, and teacher, Beth has extensive experience in writing and editing; marketing and internal communications; branding and business development; and consulting, teaching, coaching, and mentoring.
She creates winning results by:
- Reaching and involving people so they believe, understand, and do what’s needed for an organization to succeed.
- Establishing trust as advisor and coach to executives, communicators, and cross-functional colleagues.
- Informing and inspiring people as easily from the stage as on the page.
- Formulating intelligent strategies based on solid understanding of reality.
- Guiding leaders to deliver the right messages at the right time via the right channels.
- Investing in building relationships and establishing networks of clients, colleagues, partners, and vendors who get results.
- Achieving fast, effective results through smart use of funds, skills, and technology.
Beth’s career includes both agency and corporate experience. In addition to running Spencer Grace, she is lead instructor for Words for Work at StoryStudio Chicago.
We have ideas to share.
People pay me to write, to choose the right words for their business messages....
1. Thou shalt not express your interests without first considering what matters to your reader....
Newsletters are junk mail. Newsletters are items we are quick to pitch or delete. Their...
You have something to write. A reply to a challenging email message. A brief...
I love brainstorming. Put me in a room with a white board, a dry...
Sometimes my mind wanders. In writing, this can be a creative bonus. My thoughts venture...
This week I spent some time advising a communicator who’s working to improve her...
“You give good phone.” Someone said this to me years ago. A client? A...
Once again, December found me searching for a unique and fitting way to thank...
Have you ever … Summarized the work of a team, hoping your perspective matched...
At 16, driving home from high school, I would turn off of the state...
How would you describe your resumé? > A tight summary of your career history?...
“You are such a fun writer. I love the tone.” One of my clients...
In the first session of of my current Business Writing Fundamentals class, one student...
Jen steps out of a conference room and scans the open workspace for a...
“I can do anything for two years.” That’s a phrase I used a lot...
Every day I advise business writers to make a mess. Brainstorm. Mind-dump. “Vomit” ideas...
Some of the most rewarding work I do is teaching classes and coaching individuals...
But I wasn’t writing it. Every day, I help consulting clients and writing students...
Microstyle: The Art of Writing Little by Christopher Johnson | My GoodReads rating: 5 of 5...
Twitter & Instagram
"In business, the best writers are strategists" by @bethnyland on @LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/business-best-writers-strategists-beth-nyland