We do what we love.
Meet the corporate poet.
Beth Nyland achieves business results through creative approaches to communication. She counsels clients to raise the quality of their messages, applying innovative problem-solving skills to make change for individuals and organizations of all sizes. As “corporate poet,” she refuses bland and boring. Instead, she guides individuals and organizations to string words into stories that motivate people to think, believe, and take action. That’s how business gets done.
As a creative communicator, leader, advisor, and teacher, Beth has extensive experience in writing and editing; marketing and internal communications; branding and business development; and consulting, teaching, coaching, and mentoring.
She creates winning results by:
- Reaching and involving people so they believe, understand, and do what’s needed for an organization to succeed.
- Establishing trust as advisor and coach to executives, communicators, and cross-functional colleagues.
- Informing and inspiring people as easily from the stage as on the page.
- Formulating intelligent strategies based on solid understanding of reality.
- Guiding leaders to deliver the right messages at the right time via the right channels.
- Investing in building relationships and establishing networks of clients, colleagues, partners, and vendors who get results.
- Achieving fast, effective results through smart use of funds, skills, and technology.
Beth’s career includes both agency and corporate experience. In addition to running Spencer Grace, she is lead instructor for Words for Work at StoryStudio Chicago.
We make clients happy.
- [Beth is] the whole package—fantastic writer, strategic, forward-thinking, and fun! I’d work with her again in a heartbeat.
- Beth has a unique ability to make the complex seem very simple.
- Working with Beth was a true joy. Her spirit and work ethic are second to none.
- Beth is an energetic and effective communicator! She’s great to work with and brings many innovative ideas to make financial presentations interesting. It was a pleasure to work with Beth.
- It was a great pleasure to work with Beth. She is a very talented professional who not only delivers great support on communications but also offers sound insight and advice on broader organizational and business issues.
- [Beth Nyland] has a keen sense for navigating executive alignment and creating solutions that resonate with the target audience.
A few of our clients:
Design in Common
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago*
Garnet 3 Consulting
Healthcare Service Corporation (HCSC)*
Hornell Partners, Inc.
Kirkland & Ellis*
Per Sé Group
Rebecca Wear Robinson | Jabari of the Water
Regional Transportation Authority*
Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Society of Actuaries*
Studio Three 17
TKFay Consulting LLC
Unilever & Unilever Food Solutions
Vachio Solutions Group
* Spencer Grace serves these clients in partnership
with StoryStudio | Words for Work.
We have ideas to share.
Who’s on your mind right now? In this uncertain time of the coronavirus, the people…
“What are you reading?” It’s the question I love to ask when I meet others…
Ann, Barb, and Chuck walk into a meeting room. Sounds like the start of a…
We finish a season of wish lists and enter a phase of resolutions. We’re always…
Anyone who’s been in a Story Mode workshop will attest: Jill Pollack and I do not…
Once in a great while, brilliance bursts forth in an instant. An aha! A big…
My husband lost his job this month. Quite unexpectedly, and effective immediately. For his employer,…
As a career-long business communicator, I’ve been challenged to refer to human beings in many…
Dear Corporate Poet & Cutter of Crap: Last week I sent my team an email…
Ask me how to be a better storyteller. What’s the one thing I need to…
“When it comes to creative work, I have a pace in mind. But lately, about…
I call myself The Corporate Poet and Cutter of Crap. I have tattoos and a…
As I handed her my business card, the woman smiled and said, “You must really…
While I was stewing about what to write for this month’s post, “Every TED Talk…
I want my presentation to be engaging and memorable. I want the audience to remember…
“Easy reading is damn hard writing.” I wish I had said that, but it was…
Congratulations! Through practice, focus, and sheer brilliance, you have developed an invaluable superpower—and a reputation…
No matter what your bias or views, if you’re paying attention to U.S. politics, you’re…
Congratulations! You’ve finally booked a meeting with that Very Important Person—the one you’ve been dying to…
A rhyming blessing for everyone who uses email to get things done … May your…
Twitter & Instagram
Normally, @jill_pollack and I suggest sharing stories that sit in that common ground between you and your audience.… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1243642762353934336
“The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." (William James) #think… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1243322137391267843
Okay. @jill_pollack and I may be going a little nuts. Humor us. Write some fresh dialogue for the scene we made, wo… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1242940975917477894
Physically distant? Yes, AND creatively connected. Working from our orange offices, we’re using all the virtual too… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1242928789631328256
“You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” (Marcus Aurelius)… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1242626819913920515
“When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” (Franklin D. Roosevelt) Today’s work is another d… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1242279494284689408
“Without inspiration, we’re all like a box of matches that will never be lit.” (David Archuleta) Double dipping to… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1241905350946799619
“After nourishment, shelter, and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.” (Philip Pullman)… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1241542898438623233
I sacrificed a drop of #wine for today’s #CreativeSprint challenge: spill something and create something from the m… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1241527858239098882